Monday, September 30, 2013

Stress and Toxicity: What's Going On?

I have written a few articles on Nutrition and Chiropractic over the years.  Sometimes I wonder...What's going On?  Why you ask?  Because some days I feel like Poop!  Most of the time it's because I overindulged the day before or even several days in a row.
Airport selfie!

Most of us go through ups and downs both emotionally and physically.  Financial stress and Family stress are probably the most common factors.  As my chiropractor says "There are 3 types of stress: Chemical, Physical and Emotional."

The Physical Stress I can try to manage with regular workouts, chiropractic adjustments and massage therapy.  When I say "regular" workouts I mean 3-4 times per week and incorporating cardio and weight lifting each time.  I'm not a big fan of some of the "fad" kill-yourself workouts mostly because I see the harmful effects of improper training when patients come into the office.

The Emotional Stress can be tough but there is one thing you can try to remember:  "You cannot control the people around you but you can try to control the way you react to them."  A wise women once said that to me and I have repeated it to myself many times.

The Chemical stress is a whole world in itself.  Proper nutrition and supplements are important.  I talked about the Nutrition of SPROUTS  last week and that was a very popular article.

Hydration is also very important.  Drinking adequate amounts of water every day can decrease your risk of weight gain, kidney stones and toxicity.  Not drinking enough water can also decrease digestive efficiency and organ function.
Do you drink filtered water, from the tap or bottled water? Could your water be making you sick?

From Arsenic-Laced Fluoride in Your drinking Water

Fertilizer Industry’s Arsenic-Tainted Fluoride Laced into Drinking Water of 150 Million Americans

Think drinking bottled water is the solution?  Studies show that bottled water is simply expensive tap water.


Toxicity can be a slow, silent killer.
The most common signs of toxicity are: 
  • Fatigue
  • Irregular bowel movements
  • Acne
  • Increased "belly" or spare tire
  • Inflammation
  • Headaches
  • Constant bloating
  • Excessive sweating
  • Decreased libido
  • Depression
  • Reduced Metal Clarity
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms it's time to figure out WHY?  
If you're looking for a simple, effective and cost-effective water filter Mary's Heirloom Seeds offers a solution.  Our filtration system is capable of filtering fluoride, arsenic, lead 99.99% Bacteria Removal and 99.9% Virus Reduction.
*Removes 100% of the e. coli in water*

The next step to consider is a 7-day, 14-day or 21-day detox program.  There are many options out there, which can be tailored to fit each lifestyle.

I have shared several detox recipes over at Mary's Kitchen

Stay tuned for more health and nutrition info here at 
Back to the Basics and Mary's Kitchen!

This article has been published @ Natural News!!!!!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful post packed with a lot of great information. Thanks for sharing with us at our new CLIMB blog hop.
Sew Crafty Angel

Heather Coody said...

Such good info! I am going to check out your filter.... my daughter (three year old) and I have passed a "stomach virus" back and forth for several weeks.. I'm starting to think it's not a virus, but maybe something with our water? I'm so thankful you linked this up at Tips & Tricks... I've worried all afternoon about the water we are drinking...

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for this excellent post Mary! Very informative and interesting!

Denise said...

Thanks for the great information, fall is an excellent time to take action on our health before going into the "flu season" to come. Again, thank you!

Becca said...

I was just thinking, drinking water is such a simple solution, yet so many fail to drink enough. Then I remembered how your water needs to be safe first! Glad there are options out there to properly filter it. :)

Lisa Lynn said...

Important info to remember! Thanks for sharing on The HomeAcre Hop! Hope to see you again today :)

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

I know I need to drink more water. We Southerners love our "sweet Nectar" Tea. We live in the country and have good deep well water. Bottled water tastes like plastic to us.

Marla said...

Great information. Toxicity is everywhere in our society today and I believe it is the cause of many health problems Connecting with you from ReadFoodFriday bloghop Marla

Jhon David said...

Safe & Effective chiropractic services For People Of All Ages. Schedule A Consultation Today with pro massage chiropractic.
We Give Every Patient The Best Treatment Possible. Open Monday - Friday.
Unparalleled service. Amazing results. Friendly staff. Professional team Headache, back pain, and sciatica relief with Lincoln’s top Chiropractors.
Feel good and do good with chiropractic. we provide following Services
chiropractic, personal-injury, MYOFASCIAL TRIGGER POINT THERAPY, massage therapy, FREQUENCY SPECIFIC MICROCURRENT, infrared light therapy,