Friday, April 5, 2013

What Happened this Week?

I'm actually asking myself "What's happened this year?"  Here we are in April and it feels like we were just celebrating Christmas.  It's CRAZY!!!

This week has been particularly eventful around the blogosphere (for me) and tough personally.  I won't get into the personal stuff because I have faith and whatever I put my mind to I CAN do it. 

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
Thomas A. Edison

"Blinders" as my mom used to say.  Mom, I'm still occasionally distracted by "shiny objects"!!!

Monday was Monsanto Hidden in the Budget Bill.
Tuesday I shared Farmageddon and  Protect the Integrity of YOUR Food Source!
Wednesday was a tutorial on Sprouting Hard Red Wheat
BONUS: I was a guest at Frugal Local Kitchen!
(Deep Breath)
Thursday I took it easy with a Video on Sprouting AND a Vegan Lip Balm Giveaway
Mary’s Basics

Did you think that was all?

I'm also part of the Homegrown Community!  Homegrown.org is a wonderful resource for just about everything DIY, homestead and homegrown.

My contributions are many but my favorites are 
Seaweed 101, Growing Radishes 101, Growing Broccoli 101

Stop by and let me know what you think.  

“The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.”
Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture 

“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”
Maya Angelou

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found you on Ladies Holiday. I'll be checking in as I get my garden going here. Nice site.

Drop by my kitchen for a visit. I'm about to dive into gardening.
www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog

Black Fox Homestead said...

I'm sorry you've had a rough week. I hope things start to look up for you soon. I didn't know you were a contributor for Homegrown! We just joined up over there. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the quote about brick walls!

~Ann

daisy g said...

Great quotes and oh-so-true.
Keep the faith, it'll work itself out-it always does. Enjoy your weekend!

Ladies Holiday said...

Time IS flying! But the snow is gone- yippee! Thank you for linking up on Photo Friday- we hope you join us again this week!

Elle Mental said...

Thank you for the efforts you make to keep us informed on important topics! I know how much time and effort blogging takes. I hope your challenges resolve themselves and that you have a peaceful weekend.
elle
www.aviewfromthecottage.blogspot.com

Lisa Lynn said...

I hope you get a chance to slow down and smell the roses, Mary! Thank you so much for sharing this on The Creative HomeAcre Hop! I hope to see you again tomorrow. :)
http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/04/creativehomeacre11.html