Thursday, January 12, 2012

Garden Update: Where do I begin?

I was speaking with a friend yesterday about the ups and downs of the garden.  She asked me what I had growing at the moment.  My answer, Where do I begin?

The side yard project is home to:
Hungarian Heart and Cherokee Purple Tomatoes,
Black Beauty Eggplants,
Tam Jalapeno,
Cal Wonder Bell,
Pak Choi Cabbage,
5 Color Silverbeet Swiss Chard,
Little Gem Lettuce,
Detroit Dark Red Beets,
Purple Top Whiteglobe Turnips and
German Giant Radishes
Cherokee Purple
Tam Jalapeno
Eggplant blooms





Beets, Chard and Lettuce
I also planted a few Flower seeds: Morning Glory, Daisy, Marigolds, Bachelor Button and Snap Dragon.

AND...I have another crop of plants maturing on the patio.  A few are almost ready to be transplanted.   The patio crop includes:
Long Island improved Brussels Sprouts
Pimiento Pepper
Serrano Pepper
He Shi Ko Bunching Onion
Bulgarian Giant Leeks
Table Queen Bush Squash
more Turnips and Swiss Chard
Dill
Basil
Echinacea Purpurea
Peppers and Brussels Sprouts
Baby Onions
Baby Squash
Basil
Today's post is more of a "show and tell" than a "live and learn."  If you have not yet started your garden or you have never had a garden, check out Seed Starting Basics  Part 1 and Part 2 and the "growing instructions" label on the right side of the blog.

Happy Planting!

No comments: